- 1 How do I contact the Kansas attorney general?
- 2 Is the Kansas attorney general elected or appointed?
- 3 How do I file a complaint with the Kansas attorney general?
- 4 Is Derek Schmidt a Republican?
- 5 How do I file a complaint with the Attorney General?
- 6 What does the attorney general do?
- 7 Does Kansas have a Secretary of State?
- 8 What does an attorney general complaint do?
- 9 What is the Kansas Lemon Law?
- 10 How do I report a business in Kansas?
- 11 Who is the Missouri attorney general?
- 12 Is Derek Schmidt running for governor?
How do I contact the Kansas attorney general?
- Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt. 120 SW 10th Ave., 2nd Floor.
- Consumer Protection. Consumer Protection Hotline:
- Concealed Carry. (785) 291-3765.
- Private Detective Licensing. (785) 296-4240.
- Victims’ Services. (785) 291-3950.
- Crime Victims Compensation. (785) 296-2359.
- Medicaid Fraud & Abuse. (785) 368-6220.
Is the Kansas attorney general elected or appointed?
Since statehood, 44 individuals have served in the role, which was created with the adoption of the state constitution in 1861. The attorney general is one of four statewide, elected constitutional officers in the executive branch of state government, along with the governor, lieutenant governor and secretary of state.
How do I file a complaint with the Kansas attorney general?
It’s one way to avoid pesky calls from telemarketers.
- Consumer Protection Hotline: 1-800-432-2310. (785) 296-3751. Fax: (785) 291-3699. File a complaint online.
- Attorney General Consumer Protection Division.
- 120 SW 10th Ave., 2nd Floor. Topeka, KS 66612. (785) 296-2215. 1-888-428-8436. Fax: (785) 296-6296.
Is Derek Schmidt a Republican?
Borrowing words from the Kansas Supreme Court, the Kansas Consumer Protection Act allows consumers that are harmed by deceptive or unconscionable acts or practices to act as their own “private attorney general ” and take steps to protect their rights.
How do I file a complaint with the Attorney General?
If you cannot complete the form online or need additional assistance with where to direct your complaint, please call our OAG Help Line at (800) 771-7755. Filing a false complaint is punishable as a Class A Misdemeanor. We need complaints in writing.
What does the attorney general do?
The principal duties of the Attorney General are to: Represent the United States in legal matters. Supervise and direct the administration and operation of the offices, boards, divisions, and bureaus that comprise the Department.
Does Kansas have a Secretary of State?
Kansas Secretary of State Scott Schwab today announced the appointment of Michael Abbott as Wyandotte County Election Commissioner.
What does an attorney general complaint do?
The Attorney General cannot act as your private attorney. It is the responsibility of the Attorney General to protect public interests. In doing so, the Attorney General’s Office may file lawsuits on behalf of the state against companies that violate laws protecting consumers.
What is the Kansas Lemon Law?
The Kansas Lemon Law provides that after a certain number of repairs have been unsuccessfully attempted, during a finite period, or the vehicle is out of service for a certain number of days, also during a given period, then the vehicle might be presumed to be a lemon.
How do I report a business in Kansas?
For assistance with business filings, please contact the Business Services Division at 785-296-4564.
Who is the Missouri attorney general?
Eric Schmitt was sworn in as the 43rd Attorney General for the State of Missouri on January 3, 2019. As Attorney General, Eric is focused on keeping Missouri families safe and protecting Missouri taxpayers and consumers.
Is Derek Schmidt running for governor?
Schmidt launched his campaign for the 2022 Republican nomination for governor of Kansas on March 9, 2021, challenging the incumbent governor, Laura Kelly, a Democrat. Schmidt is likely to face businessman Chase LaPorte in the Republican primary election.