- 1 What food is Topeka Kansas known for?
- 2 Who is famous from Topeka Kansas?
- 3 Is there anything to do in Topeka Kansas?
- 4 What’s wrong with Topeka Kansas?
- 5 Is Topeka a safe city?
- 6 What are 5 interesting facts about Kansas?
- 7 When was Topeka founded?
- 8 Where does the name Topeka come from?
- 9 What is the population of Topeka Kansas 2020?
- 10 What is there to do in Topeka Kansas this weekend?
- 11 How big is Topeka Kansas?
What food is Topeka Kansas known for?
Tastes of Topeka: Where to Eat in Top City
- So Much More Than Spuds.
- Pizza: La Rocca’s Pizza.
- Dessert: Shana Cake.
- Sandwiches: Café Holliday.
- Mexican: El Centenario.
- French Cuisine: Chez Yasu.
- Grilled Cheese: Wheel Barrel.
- Diner Food: Bluebird Diner.
Who is famous from Topeka Kansas?
Following are 10.
- Kenny Starr. “Kenny Starr” is the stage name of Topeka-born singer Kenneth Trebbe, 68, who grew up in Burlingame.
- Gregg Binkley.
- James Reynolds.
- Wil Wheaton.
- Katrina Leskanich.
- Brandon Adams.
- Jayne Houdyshell.
- Bill Kurtis.
Is there anything to do in Topeka Kansas?
Take a historic tour of the Kansas State Capitol, visit the Mulvane Art Museum, go for a stroll along Lake Shawnee and see the exhibits at the Combat Air Museum. Best things to do in Topeka, KS with kids include the Great Overland Station, the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center and the Topeka Zoological Park.
What’s wrong with Topeka Kansas?
As with any city, Topeka has its share of crime which was so bad at one point in the ’90s, it was breaking violent crime records year after year. But, while the crime rates in most cities have increased since 2000, Topeka’s has continuously gone down, with as much as an 18 percent drop in crime just from 2007 to 2008.
Is Topeka a safe city?
Topeka is in the 17th percentile for safety, meaning 83% of cities are safer and 17% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Topeka’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Topeka is 47.94 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What are 5 interesting facts about Kansas?
25 Interesting Facts About Kansas You Did Not Know
- 1) Kansas Is The Home of The Real Windy City.
- 2) Kansas Really Is Pancake Flat.
- 3) There’s a Grasshopper Church.
- 4) There Are More People Than You Think.
- 5) It Played a Major Role In The Civil War.
- 6) Fort Riley Protected Settlers.
- 7) Kansas Got Its Name From Native Americans.
When was Topeka founded?
Charles Curtis is the most famous person from Topeka, Kansas. Their Zodiac sign is ♒ Aquarius. They were 76 years old at the time of their death. They are considered the most important person in history born in Topeka in the state of Kansas.
Where does the name Topeka come from?
The name Topeka is of uncertain Indian origin; one interpretation is “smoky hill,” and another is “a good place to dig potatoes.” The present site was chosen in 1854 by a group of antislavery colonists from Lawrence, led by Charles Robinson, a resident agent of the New England Emigrant Aid Company.
What is the population of Topeka Kansas 2020?
Topeka is a city located in Shawnee County Kansas. It is also the county seat of Shawnee County. With a 2020 population of 124,374, it is the 5th largest city in Kansas (after Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, and Olathe) and the 229th largest city in the United States.
What is there to do in Topeka Kansas this weekend?
Top Attractions in Topeka
- Evel Knievel Museum. 421. Speciality Museums.
- Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site. 330.
- Lake Shawnee. 238. Bodies of Water • Playgrounds.
- Kansas State Capitol Building. 566.
- Gage Park. 249.
- Kansas Museum of History. 234.
- Kansas Children’s Discovery Center. 175.
- Combat Air Museum. 140.
How big is Topeka Kansas?