- 1 Why do people like living in Kansas?
- 2 Is Kansas a good place to live?
- 3 What are the pros and cons of living in Kansas?
- 4 Is moving to Kansas a good idea?
- 5 Is Kansas a safe place to live?
- 6 Is Kansas a boring state?
- 7 Are people in Kansas happy?
- 8 What’s the worst state to live in?
- 9 What are the cons of living in Kansas?
- 10 Are people nice in Kansas?
- 11 What is the crime rate in Kansas?
- 12 Where should I not live in Kansas City?
- 13 How soon must you obtain a Kansas driver’s license when you move to Kansas?
- 14 What do I need to know about moving to Overland Park KS?
Why do people like living in Kansas?
Affordable Living Affordability is one of the best pros of living in KC! Kansas City ranked 7th for the most affordable homes, according to the ACCRA affordability index. Virtually everything is cheaper here than the national average including groceries, utilities, housing, transportation, and healthcare.
Is Kansas a good place to live?
Kansas is known for their gorgeous sunsets, this is just one aspect that makes Kansas a beautiful place to live. Kansas is ranked 15th among all states in education according to World Population Review, making us in the top third of the country.
What are the pros and cons of living in Kansas?
Pros and Cons of Living in Kansas State
- The cost of living in Kansas is much lower than you’d expect it to be.
- Housing is highly affordable here.
- Kansas is the home of some of the best barbecue you can find.
- The local country club culture is amazing.
- There’s no shortage of recreation venues in Kansas.
Is moving to Kansas a good idea?
The employment market and economy in KC are some of the best in the country. At 3% unemployment, Kansas City is a full percentage point lower than the national average. While it’s true that incomes are a bit lower here, so is the cost of living, balancing things out nicely.
Is Kansas a safe place to live?
Though Kansas has a violent crime rate slightly above the national average, many of its cities are very safe places to live. In fact, 14 Kansas cities achieved a positive score on our Safety Index, indicating favorably low rates of violent and property crime.
Is Kansas a boring state?
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) – Kansas rounds out the Top 5 of most boring states, according to an analysis from the website Zippia.
Are people in Kansas happy?
Kansas ranked in the middle of happiness at No. 33. The state received a total score of 49.16 – 31 for “emotional & physical well-being,” 19 for “work environment” and 40 for “community & environment.”
What’s the worst state to live in?
Based on the survey, Louisiana was ranked as the worst state to live in. According to U.S. News & World Report, the ten worst U.S. states are:
- West Virginia.
- New Mexico.
What are the cons of living in Kansas?
List of the Cons of Living in Kansas
- The climate in Kansas can be challenging to manage.
- Tornadoes are an annual event in Kansas.
- Traveling in Kansas can be problematic, but not because there is traffic.
- Kansas has a surprisingly high income tax rate for a traditionally Republican state.
Are people nice in Kansas?
The rumors are all true, Kansans are ridiculously friendly —especially outside of the larger cities, as everyone is filled with Kansas pride and ready to show it off through homegrown hospitality. So if Kansas is your new home state, good news… You just made 2.8 million new friends.
What is the crime rate in Kansas?
The 2020 Kansas Crime Index Report indicated that violent crime in Kansas increased by 9.5% from 2019. A total of 13,896 violent crimes were reported in Kansas in the categories of murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault and battery. The violent crime rate is currently 24.4% above the 10-year average.
Where should I not live in Kansas City?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Kansas City, MO
- Marlborough Heights-Marlborough Pride. Population 2,591.
- Knoches Park. Population 1,499.
- Oak Park Southeast. Population 1,754.
- Marlborough East. Population 1,265.
- Sarritt Point. Population 3,592.
- Hidden Valley. Population 933.
- South Blue Valley. Population 1,992.
- Blue Hills.
How soon must you obtain a Kansas driver’s license when you move to Kansas?
New Kansas residents are required to obtain a Kansas driver’s license and vehicle registration within 90 days of establishing residency (e.g. starting a job in Kansas, buying or leasing property, enrolling children in school, registering to vote, etc.).
What do I need to know about moving to Overland Park KS?
21 Things You Need To Know About Overland Park Before You Move There
- Overland Park Is Better Than Just About Anywhere.
- It’s The Number One Soccer City In The Country.
- It’s A Slower Way Of Life With All The Perks Of A City.
- Overland Park Loves Local.
- They’re Really Into Their Farmers Market.
- The City Rallies Behind Each Other.