- 1 How big is Cheney Kansas?
- 2 What county is Cheney Ks in?
- 3 What restaurants are in Cheney Kansas?
- 4 What is the zip code for Cheney Kansas?
- 5 Can you swim in Cheney Lake?
- 6 How much does it cost to camp at Cheney Lake?
- 7 Who is Cheney Reservoir named after?
- 8 Where is the Sedgwick County Fair held?
- 9 Is Cheney Lake in Sedgwick County?
How big is Cheney Kansas?
Cheney Reservoir is a reservoir on the North Fork Ninnescah River in Reno, Kingman, and Sedgwick counties of Kansas in the United States. Built and managed by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation for local water supply, it is also used for flood control and recreation. Cheney State Park is located on its shore.
What county is Cheney Ks in?
Cheney is a city in Sedgwick County, Kansas. The city had 2,094 residents as of 2010, according to the United States Census Bureau.
What restaurants are in Cheney Kansas?
Best Restaurants near Cheney, KS 67025
- Benny’s Burgers & Shakes. 0.9 mi. $ American (Traditional), Breakfast & Brunch, Burgers.
- China’s Bar and Grill. 1.2 mi. $$ Chinese, Bars.
- D’mario’s Pizza. 1.3 mi. Pizza, Bowling.
- Cheney Lanes. 1.3 mi. Pizza, Bowling.
- Subway. 0.8 mi. $ Sandwiches.
- Casey’s. 1.1 mi.
- Frosty Treat. 5.1 mi.
What is the zip code for Cheney Kansas?
Swimming, wading, skiing, and jet skiing are discouraged near visible blooms. Boating and fishing are safe. However, inhalation of the spray may affect some individuals. Avoid direct contact with water, and wash with clean water after any contact.
Can you swim in Cheney Lake?
Located just 17 miles West of Wichita and 20 miles South of Hutchinson, Cheney State park offers a unique recreational getaway. The State Park is located on the South end of the Lake on both the East and West Shores. The park has 4 designated swimming areas as well as several picnic/dayuse areas.
How much does it cost to camp at Cheney Lake?
The daily fee is $5.00 a day for a vehicle permit and can be purchased when you arrive or online ahead of time.
Who is Cheney Reservoir named after?
It was named after a Mr. Cheney that helped to get the construction of the dam started back in the early 1900’s. He also homesteaded in the area as well.
Where is the Sedgwick County Fair held?
The Sedgwick County Fair is an annual event that is always lots of fun. The fair is held just down the road west of Wichita at the Sedgwick County Fairgrounds in Cheney, Kansas. The dates for the 2021 Sedgwick County Fair are July 7-10! Admission is free and parking is free too!
Is Cheney Lake in Sedgwick County?
The lake consists of 9600 surface acres of water. Cheney State Park consists of 1,913 acres of park land, spanning Reno, Kingman, and Sedgwick counties.