- 1 Is Kansas City Kansas a safe place to live?
- 2 Does Kansas City have a high crime rate?
- 3 Do any celebrities live in Kansas?
- 4 What is the safest town in Kansas?
- 5 Which side of Kansas City is safer?
- 6 What’s the bad part of Kansas City?
- 7 Is it better to live in Kansas City Missouri or Kansas?
- 8 What is the most famous person from Kansas?
- 9 Who is someone famous from Kansas?
- 10 What are 5 interesting facts about Kansas?
- 11 What is the hottest month of the year in Kansas?
- 12 Why are houses so cheap in Kansas?
- 13 Is Kansas a good state to retire in?
Is Kansas City Kansas a safe place to live?
4 in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Most Dangerous Places in the U.S.” Kansas City, Missouri ranked No. 16 on the list. The ranking was based on murder and property crime rates per 100,000 people, according to the online study.
Does Kansas City have a high crime rate?
“ Kansas City has historically had higher violent crime rates than other cities,” he says. “When you work with the police as much as I do, at some point the focus is going to turn to violent crime because that drives so much of the conversation.”
Do any celebrities live in Kansas?
Celebrities and Actors from Kansas City
- Robert Altman, Oscar-winning director and KC native whose films included M*A*S*H, Kansas City and many others.
- Ed Asner, Emmy-winning actor and KC native most known for his roles on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Roots.
What is the safest town in Kansas?
Here are the 10 Safest Cities in Kansas for 2021
- Valley Center.
- Scott City.
- Mission Hills.
Which side of Kansas City is safer?
The rate of crime in the Kansas City metro area is 35.31 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in the Kansas City metro area generally consider the southeast part of the metro area to be the safest.
What’s the bad part of Kansas City?
Washington Weatley is the number one most dangerous neighborhood in Kansas City. The area has a total crime rate of 13,597 crimes per 100,000 people. Residents living in Washington Weatley have a 1 in 7 chance of becoming a victim of either violent crime or property crime.
Is it better to live in Kansas City Missouri or Kansas?
In terms of quality of life, a U.S. News and World Report report ranked Kansas and Missouri towards the top. Kansas ranked 16th overall, scoring high marks for community engagement and urban air quality, with pollution health risks and drinking water quality ranking worse than average.
What is the most famous person from Kansas?
You May Be Surprised To Learn These 11 Famous People Are From Kansas
- Amelia Earhart (Atchison)
- Ed Asner (Kansas City)
- Eric Stonestreet (Kansas City)
- Vivian Vance (Cherryvale)
- Kirstie Alley (Wichita)
- Martina McBride (Sharon)
- Buster Keaton (Piqua) Wikimedia Commons.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (raised in Abilene)
Who is someone famous from Kansas?
- John Brown.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Amelia Earhart.
- Gordon Parks.
- William Inge.
- Robert J. Dole.
- Isaac Goodnow.
- Carrie Nation.
What are 5 interesting facts about Kansas?
25 Interesting Facts About Kansas You Did Not Know
- 1) Kansas Is The Home of The Real Windy City.
- 2) Kansas Really Is Pancake Flat.
- 3) There’s a Grasshopper Church.
- 4) There Are More People Than You Think.
- 5) It Played a Major Role In The Civil War.
- 6) Fort Riley Protected Settlers.
- 7) Kansas Got Its Name From Native Americans.
What is the hottest month of the year in Kansas?
Generally the summers are quite warm, the winters are mild, and the humidity is on the moderate side. January is the coldest month, with average high temperatures near 31 degrees. July is the warmest month, with average high temperatures near 81 degrees. Much hotter summers and cold winters are not uncommon.
Why are houses so cheap in Kansas?
Kansas is a very cheap state because the cost of living is low, the average income is high, and because the houses are cheap. The property tax is quite high compared to other states: Kansas is ranked number 15 for highest property tax.
Is Kansas a good state to retire in?
Kansas is moderately tax-friendly for retirees. It exempts all Social Security income for seniors with Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $75,000 or less. Property taxes in Kansas are above the national average and sales taxes are some of the highest in the country. Kansas does not have an estate or inheritance tax.