- 1 How do I contact the Secretary of State in Kansas?
- 2 How do I find out who owns a business in Kansas?
- 3 What is a website that informs you about the state of Kansas?
- 4 How do you check if a business name is taken in Kansas?
- 5 How do I contact Secretary of State?
- 6 What does the Secretary of State of Kansas do?
- 7 Does Kansas require a business license?
- 8 How do I get an EIN number in Kansas?
- 9 Is Kansas a good place to live?
- 10 How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in Kansas?
- 11 Does it snow in Kansas?
- 12 How do I trademark a business name in Kansas?
- 13 Do I need a certificate of good standing?
How do I contact the Secretary of State in Kansas?
If you do not find the answer to your question please contact the Office of the Kansas Secretary of State at (785)296-4564 or e-mail [email protected]
How do I find out who owns a business in Kansas?
You can find information on any corporation or business entity in Kansas or another state by performing a search on the Secretary of State website of the state or territory where that corporation is registered.
What is a website that informs you about the state of Kansas?
The Official Website of the State of Kansas | Kansas.gov.
How do you check if a business name is taken in Kansas?
Searching the Kansas Name Databases
- Visit the Name Availability Search page. Kansas Business Center: Name Availability Status.
- Search your LLC. On the right side of the page you will see a box with the title “Is the Name Available”.
- Determine Availability. Click the ‘Search’ button:
How do I contact Secretary of State?
- Main Number: (877) 322-5227.
- TTY/TDD: (916) 651-1304.
What does the Secretary of State of Kansas do?
The Secretary of State is the chief elections officer of the state, administering elections and voter registration throughout the state. The office also receives campaign finance reports and registers lobbyists.
Does Kansas require a business license?
Not every Kansas business needs a license. Moreover, Kansas does not have a general business license issued by the state. However, many types of business either can or must get one or more licenses or permits.
How do I get an EIN number in Kansas?
Kansas New Employer Registration Register online as a new business. You will receive your Tax ID Number immediately after completing the registration online. After 3-5 business days, call the agency at (785) 368-8222 to receive your filing frequency.
Is Kansas a good place to live?
Kansas is known for their gorgeous sunsets, this is just one aspect that makes Kansas a beautiful place to live. Kansas is ranked 15th among all states in education according to World Population Review, making us in the top third of the country.
How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in Kansas?
You can check the status of your claim, including the payment issue date, in your online Get Kansas Benefits account. If your online account indicates that payment has been issued, but you have not received the funds, please contact your financial institution.
Does it snow in Kansas?
Snow, wind, and rain are common throughout the state during corresponding seasons, and the continental climate (on occasion) produces varying temperature change. January is the coldest month, with average high temperatures near 31 degrees.
How do I trademark a business name in Kansas?
Visit www.sos.ks.gov, then click Business Filing Center, then click Trademark/Service Mark Search. Registration of marks in Kansas is based on actual use of the mark in Kansas commerce.
Do I need a certificate of good standing?
When a Certificate of Good Standing Is Needed A certificate of good standing is typically only needed if someone you do business with requires it. Financial institutions often will require a certificate of good standing before a business bank account can be opened.