- 1 What should I not miss in Kansas City?
- 2 Is Kansas City worth visiting?
- 3 What is Kansas City famous for?
- 4 What is there to do in Kansas City right now?
- 5 Why are there 2 Kansas cities?
- 6 What foods is Kansas City known for?
- 7 Is Kansas City MO red or blue?
- 8 Is Kansas City walkable?
- 9 Is Kansas City a safe City?
- 10 Do any celebrities live in Kansas?
- 11 Is there anything fun in Kansas?
- 12 How far is Branson from Kansas City?
- 13 What can I do today for free?
What should I not miss in Kansas City?
More Things to Do Kansas City
- American Jazz Museum.
- Crown Center.
- The Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial.
- Jacob L. Loose Park.
- J C Nichols Memorial Fountain.
- Kansas City Museum.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Harry S Truman Library and Museum.
Is Kansas City worth visiting?
Tuesday, National Geographic named KC as a place worth visiting in 2019, one of just three American destinations on the list that includes exotic destinations like the Peruvian Amazon and Perth, Australia.
What is Kansas City famous for?
Kansas City, the biggest city and second biggest metro area in the Sunflower State, was founded in 1830s and is now the 37th largest city by population in the entire country. Home to 470,000, Kansas City is known for many things, from baseball to fountains.
What is there to do in Kansas City right now?
Best things to do in Kansas City
- Joe’s Kansas City Barbecue. Joe’s Kansas City Barbecue is a common recommendation for a reason: it is the best thing to do in town.
- Country Club Plaza.
- Boulevard Brewery.
- Bar arcades.
- Arrowhead Stadium.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
- City Market.
Why are there 2 Kansas cities?
The state of Missouri then incorporated the area as the City of Kansas in 1853 and renamed it Kansas City in 1889. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.
What foods is Kansas City known for?
But when it comes to Kansas City’s famous foods, there really are four that stand out above all the others: burnt ends, our signature cut of steak, cheesy corn and chicken spiedini. These four creations are both unique to the city and pretty much ubiquitous.
Is Kansas City MO red or blue?
Kansas City is heavily Democratic in the south and east, but tends to be more Republican-leaning in the north.
Is Kansas City walkable?
But a recent report listed Kansas City as the 18th most walkable city in the country. The report found that in the 30 largest metros there are 761 “regionally significant” walkable urban places, or WalkUPs. Nine of those WalkUPs are located in the Kansas City metro area.
Is Kansas City a safe City?
Kansas City, Missouri ranked No. 16 on the list. The ranking was based on murder and property crime rates per 100,000 people, according to the online study. In determining the best places to live, U.S. News examined the quality of life, the job market, and other factors in 150 metro areas.
Do any celebrities live in Kansas?
Celebrities and Actors from Kansas City
- Robert Altman, Oscar-winning director and KC native whose films included M*A*S*H, Kansas City and many others.
- Ed Asner, Emmy-winning actor and KC native most known for his roles on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Roots.
Is there anything fun in Kansas?
The Sunflower State blends rolling prairie, Western drama and city attractions. Top things to do include museums and a botanical garden in Wichita, the Flint Hills near Manhattan, and the Strataca salt mine in Hutchinson.
How far is Branson from Kansas City?
Driving directions from Kansas City to Branson The distance from Kansas City to Branson is around 209 miles. You will be in Branson in a 4-hour drive.
What can I do today for free?
15 Free or Cheap Things to Do
- Go to a museum, aquarium or zoo. Many aquariums, museums and zoos waive admission fees on certain days.
- Read a book. Dive into a new book or revisit an old favorite.
- Catch a movie.
- Play, or watch, a game.
- Visit the farmers market.
- Go thrift shopping.
- Spend time outdoors.