- 1 Is there anything to do in Kansas City?
- 2 What should I not miss in Kansas City?
- 3 Is Kansas City worth visiting?
- 4 What is Kansas City best known for?
- 5 Why are there 2 Kansas cities?
- 6 What foods is Kansas City known for?
- 7 How far is Branson from Kansas City?
- 8 How safe is Kansas City?
- 9 Is Kansas City walkable?
- 10 Is Kansas City MO red or blue?
- 11 Which side of Kansas City is safer?
- 12 What is so special about Kansas City?
- 13 What are the bad areas of Kansas City?
Is there anything to do in Kansas City?
The 8 Best Things to Do in Kansas City
- Go fountain hopping around town.
- Get schooled at a world-class museum.
- Shop at Country Club Plaza.
- Tour the city’s many murals.
- Get a taste of KC cocktail culture.
- Explore the historic River Market area.
- Smell the flowers at the Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden.
What should I not miss in Kansas City?
More Things to Do Kansas City
- American Jazz Museum.
- Crown Center.
- The Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial.
- Jacob L. Loose Park.
- J C Nichols Memorial Fountain.
- Kansas City Museum.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Harry S Truman Library and Museum.
Is Kansas City worth visiting?
Tuesday, National Geographic named KC as a place worth visiting in 2019, one of just three American destinations on the list that includes exotic destinations like the Peruvian Amazon and Perth, Australia.
What is Kansas City best known for?
World-famous for its steaks and barbecue, it is sometimes called the “Barbecue Capital.” The city’s legacy in jazz history can be explored in the Historic Jazz District, which was once filled with the sounds of jazz icons like Charlie “Bird” Parker and Big Joe Turner.
Why are there 2 Kansas cities?
The state of Missouri then incorporated the area as the City of Kansas in 1853 and renamed it Kansas City in 1889. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.
What foods is Kansas City known for?
But when it comes to Kansas City’s famous foods, there really are four that stand out above all the others: burnt ends, our signature cut of steak, cheesy corn and chicken spiedini. These four creations are both unique to the city and pretty much ubiquitous.
How far is Branson from Kansas City?
Driving directions from Kansas City to Branson The distance from Kansas City to Branson is around 209 miles. You will be in Branson in a 4-hour drive.
How safe is Kansas City?
4 in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Most Dangerous Places in the U.S.” Kansas City, Missouri ranked No. 16 on the list. The ranking was based on murder and property crime rates per 100,000 people, according to the online study.
Is Kansas City walkable?
But a recent report listed Kansas City as the 18th most walkable city in the country. The report found that in the 30 largest metros there are 761 “regionally significant” walkable urban places, or WalkUPs. Nine of those WalkUPs are located in the Kansas City metro area.
Is Kansas City MO red or blue?
Kansas City is heavily Democratic in the south and east, but tends to be more Republican-leaning in the north.
Which side of Kansas City is safer?
The rate of crime in the Kansas City metro area is 35.31 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in the Kansas City metro area generally consider the southeast part of the metro area to be the safest.
What is so special about Kansas City?
Kansas City is the 29th most populated metropolitan area in the US. The scoreboard at Arrowhead Stadium was the first to transmit instant replay. Kansas City has more barbeque restaurants per capita than any other US city. The Country Club Plaza, opened in 1922, was the country’s first suburban shopping district.
What are the bad areas of Kansas City?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Kansas City, MO
- Marlborough Heights-Marlborough Pride. Population 2,591.
- Knoches Park. Population 1,499.
- Oak Park Southeast. Population 1,754.
- Marlborough East. Population 1,265.
- Sarritt Point. Population 3,592.
- Hidden Valley. Population 933.
- South Blue Valley. Population 1,992.
- Blue Hills.