- 1 Is Lee’s Summit MO a good place to live?
- 2 Is Lees Summit considered Kansas city?
- 3 What is Lees Summit known for?
- 4 Is Lees Summit safe to live?
- 5 Why are there 2 Kansas cities?
- 6 What’s the curfew in Lees Summit?
- 7 Are Lees Summit schools good?
- 8 Who founded Lees Summit?
- 9 Can you have chickens in Lee’s Summit?
- 10 What is in Lees Summit?
- 11 What is there to do in Lee Summit this weekend?
- 12 What is there to do in Kansas City today?
Is Lee’s Summit MO a good place to live?
Lee’s Summit is an excellent place to live for young families. There are many good schools in the area, and the Parks and Recreation department maintains well kept parks. There is also a good variety of restaurants and bars in the area. There are many beautiful places in Lee’s Summit.
Is Lees Summit considered Kansas city?
Lee’s Summit is a city located within the counties of Jackson (primarily) and Cass in the U.S. state of Missouri. As of the 2020 census its population was about 101,108, making it the sixth-largest city in both the state and in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
What is Lees Summit known for?
Over a hundred years ago, the small 11 block Town of Strother straddled the Missouri Pacific Railroad tracks. Today, that small town consists of 65.87 square miles and is known as the City of Lee’s Summit. Howard was drawn to this fertile, gently rolling prairie land with the dream of building a city.
Is Lees Summit safe to live?
Lees Summit is in the 73rd percentile for safety, meaning 27% of cities are safer and 73% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Lees Summit is 18.77 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Lees Summit generally consider the southwest part of the city to be the safest.
Why are there 2 Kansas cities?
The state of Missouri then incorporated the area as the City of Kansas in 1853 and renamed it Kansas City in 1889. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.
What’s the curfew in Lees Summit?
It shall be unlawful for any minor under the age of seventeen (17) years to loiter, idle, wander, stroll or play in or upon the public streets, highways, roads, alleys, playgrounds, parks, public buildings, or to attend or frequent other unsupervised public areas between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. of the
Are Lees Summit schools good?
Lee’s Summit North High School earned a silver medal and is ranked No. 20 among all Missouri high schools, according to the U.S. News and World Report’s annual “Best High Schools” ranking this spring. Lee’s Summit West High School earned a bronze medal and was ranked No. 31 among state high schools.
Who founded Lees Summit?
History of Lee’s Summit The town was founded by a man named William B. Howard who was attracted to the rolling plains and beautiful scenery of the area. At the time of its incorporation, the town-then still known as Strother-had around 100 residents.
Can you have chickens in Lee’s Summit?
Chickens – Residents are allowed to keep six hens on their property as long as they are properly contained and no closer than ten feet from the property line or forty feet from the next nearest residence. Chicken pens must remain clean and impervious to predators.
What is in Lees Summit?
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Paradise Park. 173.
- Missouri Town 1855. History Museums.
- Longview Lake. Bodies of Water.
- Lee’s Summit History Museum. History Museums.
- Summit Waves. Water Parks.
- Diametric Brewing Company. Breweries.
- Fringe Beerworks. Breweries.
- Summit Fair.
What is there to do in Lee Summit this weekend?
Things To Do
- B&B Theatres. Join B&B Lee’s Summit 16 or B&B New Longview 7 movie theatre for a state of the art movie going experience!
- Blue Springs Lake. Enjoy 720 acres of water excitement on Blue Springs Lake.
- Carl L.
- Downtown Lee’s Summit.
- Downtown Lee’s Summit Farmers Market.
- Frontier Justice.
- Fun House Pizza.
- Jacomo Lake.
What is there to do in Kansas City today?
Best things to do in Kansas City
- Joe’s Kansas City Barbecue. Joe’s Kansas City Barbecue is a common recommendation for a reason: it is the best thing to do in town.
- Country Club Plaza.
- Boulevard Brewery.
- Bar arcades.
- Arrowhead Stadium.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
- City Market.