- 1 Why is it illegal to say Arkansas wrong?
- 2 What happens if you mispronounce Arkansas in Arkansas?
- 3 Can you legally beat your wife in Arkansas?
- 4 What crazy laws are still on the books?
- 5 Why is this Kansas but this is not Arkansas?
- 6 Is it illegal to honk your horn in Arkansas?
- 7 What is Arkansas famous food?
- 8 Is it illegal to sleep in your car in Arkansas?
- 9 What are the dumbest laws in America?
- 10 Is it legal to beat your wife on Sunday Virginia?
- 11 Is it illegal to walk backwards while eating a donut?
- 12 What are the most craziest laws?
- 13 Is it illegal to Screenshot text messages?
Why is it illegal to say Arkansas wrong?
This law regulates how to say the name Arkansas. It’s a great law. It basically says that a person must pronounce the name of the state in a specific way. The pronunciation is not up for discussion, it’s not based on whether you’re from New England or the Midwest, or your mood that day, it’s regulated by law.
What happens if you mispronounce Arkansas in Arkansas?
You can’t pronounce it Arkansas or Arkansasss. There are many sources that claim that it is illegal to pronounce Arkansas incorrectly and you can be fined for doing so. That’s right folks if you mispronounce Arkansas (Ar-kan-saw) you’re in for a fine or jail time. Title 1 Chapter 4 Section 104 of the Arkansas Code.
Can you legally beat your wife in Arkansas?
Arkansas. Men can beat their wives, but only once per month in Arkansas.
What crazy laws are still on the books?
46 Weird Laws Still on the Books
- Vermont banned banning clotheslines.
- You can’t throw rocks at trains in Wisconsin.
- You can’t make fake drugs in Arizona.
- Blasphemy is still illegal in Michigan.
- Dogs can’t hunt big game mammals in California.
- Don’t bite while boxing in Utah.
Why is this Kansas but this is not Arkansas?
Arkansas was named for the French plural of a Native American tribe, while Kansas is the English spelling of a similar one. Since the letter “s” at the end of French words is usually silent, we pronounce Bill Clinton’s home state “Arkansaw.” Kansas is named for the Kansas River, which is named for the Kansa tribe.
Is it illegal to honk your horn in Arkansas?
5. It’s illegal in Arkansas to honk your horn at a sandwich shop after 9 pm. This is likely because most of them are closed at this point; you’d be disturbing the peace, and you still wouldn’t get a sandwich. It is illegal to kill “any living creature” in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
What is Arkansas famous food?
Finally, Arkansas’ cuisine is integral to its culture with such foods as barbecue, traditional country cooking, fried catfish and chicken, wild duck, rice, purple hull peas, okra, apples, fried green tomatoes and grits being part of the people of Arkansas’s diet and economy.
Is it illegal to sleep in your car in Arkansas?
Yes. There are no rules or laws against sleeping in your vehicle while at an Arkansas rest area. And because there is no maximum time limit, that would also include overnight sleeping.
What are the dumbest laws in America?
50 Dumbest Laws In The US
- A door on a car may not be left open longer than is necessary.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
Is it legal to beat your wife on Sunday Virginia?
It’s LEGAL for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps, but he must do so before 8:00 p.m. (Stafford County). 5. It’s illegal to sell lettuce and peanut brittle on Sundays.
Is it illegal to walk backwards while eating a donut?
Ohio. In Marion, Ohio, it’s illegal to eat a doughnut while walking backward.
What are the most craziest laws?
Weirdest laws passed in every state
- No intoxicated skiing.
- Cheese standards are regulated.
- No ‘lewd and lascivious’ behavior before marriage.
- It’s illegal to kill Bigfoot.
- No hunting on Sundays, unless you’re killing raccoons.
- No forbidding people from putting up clotheslines.
- It’s illegal to ’cause a catastrophe’
Is it illegal to Screenshot text messages?
Is it illegal to Screenshot text messages and send them to someone else? 1 attorney answer The recipient of a text message may take a screenshot of it. Unless there is some confidentiality agreement or duty, it is legal to share that screenshot.