- 1 Where is Dodge City located in the state of Kansas?
- 2 What towns are near Dodge City Kansas?
- 3 What is the closest city to Dodge City Kansas?
- 4 Is Dodge City Kansas Worth Visiting?
- 5 Is Dodge City Kansas a good place to live?
- 6 What was Dodge City famous for?
- 7 What is there to do in Dodge City Kansas today?
- 8 How safe is Dodge City Kansas?
- 9 How far apart is Garden City and Dodge City?
Where is Dodge City located in the state of Kansas?
What towns are near Dodge City Kansas?
Cities near Dodge City, Kansas:
- Garden City, KS.
- Liberal, KS.
- Great Bend, KS.
- Hays, KS.
- Woodward, OK.
- Guymon, OK.
- Hutchinson, KS.
- Lamar, CO.
What is the closest city to Dodge City Kansas?
Learn About Our Neighboring Cities & Communities
- Garden City is 50 miles west on Highway 50.
- Hays is 110 miles northeast.
- Hutchinson is located 120 miles east on Highway 50.
- Jetmore is located 30 miles north on Highway 283.
- Kinsley is located 36 miles east on Highway 50/56.
- Liberal is 80 miles southwest.
Is Dodge City Kansas Worth Visiting?
Dodge City, Kansas, is a small and unique town. If you like movies, especially old western ones, this is the place for you. Even if you are not into that, this is still a place that should be visited and explored by all. The town is full of interesting historical sites and museums and truly has something for everyone.
Is Dodge City Kansas a good place to live?
Every year the city has Dodge City Days and thoroughly enjoy all the rodeo events and meeting new people that come to visit our city. This is a small safe town with a low crime rate. Living costs are average and rent is very affordable.
What was Dodge City famous for?
Dodge City became a rowdy town famous for its saloons, outlaws, and Boot Hill Cemetery. Bat Masterson, and Wyatt Earp earned their fame as lawmen during this time. Today Dodge City is a growing community, and a popular tourist destination.
What is there to do in Dodge City Kansas today?
Things to Do in Dodge City, KS
- See the Santa Fe Trail Tracks.
- Watch a Gunfight at the Boot Hill Museum.
- Pose for Old-Time Photos.
- Meet a Herd of Buffalo.
- Go to the Rodeo.
- See the Animals at the Wright Park Zoo.
- Tour the Trail of Fame.
- Explore a Replica of Old Dodge City.
How safe is Dodge City Kansas?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Dodge City is 1 in 37. Based on FBI crime data, Dodge City is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Kansas, Dodge City has a crime rate that is higher than 89% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How far apart is Garden City and Dodge City?
There are 49.08 miles from Garden City to Dodge City in southeast direction and 52 miles (83.69 kilometers) by car, following the US-50 E and US-400 E route. Garden City and Dodge City are 54 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.