Fort Osage School District’s Board of Education met Tuesday evening, March 12. From a policy standpoint, the highlights of their agenda were:
- Considered approving revision of the district policy governing “Graduation Requirements”;
- Heard a report about the Missouri Highway Patrol’s annual bus inspection;
- Heard a report about safety and security improvements;
- Heard a report about sequestration of federal funds for education;
- Received an update on proposed state legislation pertaining to education;
- Heard a report about refinancing existing school bond debt in order to save money for the district; and
- Discussed the possibility of scheduling a work session to review district student-restraint procedures.
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can sign up for a free subscription to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462
The KC Education Enterprise has a new sister site, KC Education Research Updates, with occasional news from researchers and neuroscientists of interest to educators.