Hickman Mills School District’s Board of Education met Thursday evening, Feb. 28. From a policy standpoint, the highlights of their agenda were:
- A proposed contract with the Missouri School Boards’ Association to audit the district’s policies
- A report on proposed Tax Increment Financing (TIF) for redevelopment of the Bannister Mall site. According to the agenda:
Of significance to the Hickman Mills C-1 School District is the inclusion within the agreement of a Neighborhood and Infrastructure Program. … The fund may ultimately reach $8,000,000.00.
- Corrective Action Plan for recommendations made during the 2011-2012 fiscal audit
- Considered hiring a lobbyist
- The metal detector log sheet and police activity summary report.
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can sign up for a free subscription to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462
The KC Education Enterprise has a new sister site, KC Education Research Updates, with occasional news from researchers and neuroscientists of interest to educators.