Raytown School District’s Board of Education met Monday evening, Feb. 11. From a policy standpoint, the highlights of their agenda were:
- Considered approving an agreement with Glorioso Resources LLC. According to the agenda, the agreement is intended to:
… develop a strategic plan to aid the Raytown School District in achieving its goal of securing the highest amount of funds possible from the TiF project commonly referred to here as the Winchester Road development plan. In addition, a collateral goal is to secure funds from the Blue Ridge Mall TiF project. As part of this planning process Glorioso will assist the Superintendent, his staff, Raytown School Board members, and attorneys to better understand the inner workings of the City of Kansas City, Missouri’s City Hall politics and process.
- Received a report on district energy savings
- Received a legislative update
- Received information regarding the Missouri School Boards’ Association Legislative Forum scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 19, in Jefferson City
- Received a report on the Winchester Tax Increment Financing Plan
- Received an analysis of the costs of placing additional armed guards in schools
- Considered approving the district’s audit for the 2012 fiscal year.
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can sign up for a free subscription to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462
The KC Education Enterprise has a new sister site, KC Education Research Updates, with occasional news from researchers and neuroscientists of interest to educators.