The Missouri State Board of Education met Tuesday evening, Jan. 22. From a policy standpoint, the highlights of their agenda were:
- Unanimously voted to amend rule 5 CSR 20-400.280 governing required assessments for professional education certification
- Unanimously voted to support legislation that would allow schools to treat policies and planning addressing school safety issues as as closed records under the state sunshine law
- Received a report on bills relating to education under consideration in this year’s state legislative session
- Voted unanimously to adopt rule 5 CSR 20-100.255 governing the Missouri School Improvement Program (MSIP) 5 resource and process standards
- Voted unanimously to amend rule 5 CSR 20-300.120, Missouri State Plan for Part C of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Voted unanimously to amend rule 5 CSR 20-300.110, Missouri State Plan for Part B, Regulations Implementing the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can sign up for a free subscription to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462
The KC Education Enterprise has a new sister site, KC Education Research Updates, with occasional news from researchers and neuroscientists of interest to educators.