Six local school boards met during the first two weeks of November.
- Heard an audit report
- Heard a presentation regarding the new national Common Core Standards for mathematics which are being adopted in the district
- Heard a report regarding the district’s annual audit for the fiscal year ending June 30
- Routine responsibilities of governance
- Revised district policy governing “1:1 Technology Policies and Procedures”
- Discussion of district policy revisions
- Swearing in newly appointed board member Todd Burr
- Announced filing dates (December 18, 2012 through January 15, 2013) for candidates interested in running for one of four vacant seats on the Board of Education. The election will take place Tuesday, April 2, 2013.
- Considered approving a list of district policies governing topics such as “Use of Tobacco on Park Hill School District Property, “Assurance of Nondiscrimination” and “Legal Status”
- Considered position statements for the coming legislative session.
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can subscribe to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462