Three local school boards met last week.
- Received information the district’s semiannual debt-service payment for school bonds and interest
- Approving $25,000 to purchase novels for grades 4-12. “[I]n grade levels with iPad accessibility electronic books were selected. It is also necessary to purchase books at the high school level because the district does not currently own titles at the highest lexile levels.”
- Revising district policies on topics ranging from “Interrogation and Investigation” to “Weapons.”
- Discussed a draft position statement relating to Economic Development Incentives Affecting District Taxes. “As a school district in the state of Missouri, 55% of funding for Liberty Public Schools (“the District”) comes from local taxes.”
- Discussed implementing a nepotism policy.
- Discussed proposed changes to Board of Education Roles, Standards and Procedures.
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can subscribe to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462