The election will take place Tuesday, April 3, 2012.
School board members are citizens who volunteer without pay to determine the policies the superintendent uses to administer the district. The superintendent works for them, and they are responsible for tasks such as long-range planning, establishing the salaries and benefits of certified teachers, approving the annual budget and calling elections for tax levies and bond proposals.
Names will appear on the ballot in order of filing for each position.
- Two three-year terms
- One two-year term
- One one-year term.
Where to File: District Office; 8701 Holmes Road; Kansas City, MO 64131.
Filing will begin on Tuesday, December 20, 2011, at 8 a.m. Filing will continue during the district’s regular business hours as follows: Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The deadline for filing is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, January 17, 2012.
The district office will be open for filing Tuesday, December 20, 2011, from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, December 21, from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. then closed for the remainder of the winter break through January 2, 2012. The district office will be open for filing Tuesday, January 2, 2012, through Tuesday, January 17, 2012, with the exception of Monday, January 16, when the office will be closed.
Filing will not occur on days in which the district office is closed due to inclement weather.
1. Be a citizen of the United States of America.
2. Be a resident taxpayer of the Center School District #58.
3. Be at least 24 years of age.
4. Have resided in Missouri for a minimum of one year preceding the election, if elected.
5. Be eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri law, including § 561.021, RSMo. A candidate cannot be serving a sentence or period of probation for a felony or a crime that if committed in Missouri would be a felony. A candidate can never have pled guilty or nolo contendere nor been convicted under Missouri law or the law of another jurisdiction of a felony connected with the exercise of the right of suffrage.
District Policy Regarding School Board Elections: http://tinyurl.com/7ngq9k3
Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 115, Election Authorities and Conduct of Elections: Section 115.127
For more information: Call Jan McMein, board secretary, (816) 349-3310.
Read our Twitter feed for more education news from local, regional and national sources:http://twitter.com/#!/JW_Martinez
Or you can sign up for a free subscription to the daily KC Education Enterprise roundup of local, state and national education news on paper.li: http://paper.li/JW_Martinez/1322883462